Saturday, February 11, 2012

When Teenagers Attack!

How many times have you caught yourself wanting to say 'you meddling kids?' Lately, for me, myself, and I its been too many.(I think my generation gap is showing as Carol Brady would tell her husband.)

I went to see 'The Woman in Black' last Friday with some of my awesome friends and we were having a great time during the previews (weird, right? because who likes to watch those things anyway?) So we're laughing and carrying on when a 17ish girl walks in with her beau and their 3 (you read me correctly, 3) year old daughter and her blankie. Are you that selfish that you need to subject your small child to a horror film, thus scaring her for life (causing her to hate you the way I hate my aunt for making me watch 'The Gremlins' when I was 5) and ruin my awesome girl's night out?

So of course, 15 minutes into the movie, they have to leave because she's already crying (I've already jumped 5 or 6 times myself, to the immense amusement of my friends-I love you all!). Note to crazies, next time find one of your many classmates to babysit. You must have at least 25 people in each of your classes. Don't ruin my good time.

Secondly, I hate it when teens run around the outside of the theater hanging on each others necks and words, making me want to hang myself. It's after 10pm, do you know who your child's making out with? Because my eyes are melting from the sight of it. The worst is when one girl thinks a boy is cute, but she makes her friend go and tell him. Woman up and do the work yourself why don't ya, because in a few years, it'll be your friend who gets the guy because she's brave enough to talk to him. (This being the voice of the girl having to do her friend's 'go-for' work.)

Tune in, in a few days for my review on the movie and book. Oh, and by the way, my teen will never be allowed outside of my home past the hour of 9pm, although I am also considering hiring Robert De Niro as my watchdog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment